Where are the contents?

Jonathan B. Marder MARDER at agri.huji.ac.il
Tue Jul 5 00:49:03 EST 1994

In article <2v97cfINNs7a at s-crim1.dl.ac.uk> mbrgw at s-crim1.dl.ac.uk (R.G. Walters) writes:
>Subject: Where are the contents?
>From: mbrgw at s-crim1.dl.ac.uk (R.G. Walters)
>Date: 4 Jul 1994 15:46:39 +0100

>Once upon a time, Jonathan Marder produced a very useful, valuable and
>appreciated list of photosynthesis-friendly journal contents.  I have been
>watching out for these journals in bionet.journals.contents, but to no

>Anyone know where they are to be found?  I HATE going to the library, only
>to find that there's nothing of immediate relevance. Ýour library is in a
>dark, dank hole reminiscent of the Black Hole of Calcutta.¨

ALL the past tables of contents are archived on the BIOSCI node at
net.bio.net.  One of the easiest ways to search is to use *gopher* (widely
available on networked mainframes and PC's) to contact net.bio.net and to
select the appropriate search item from the menu which appears.

If you have a World-Wide-Client (e.g. NCSA Mosaic) you can also use this
instead (URL is gopher://net.bio.net).

The above options only exist if you have full internet connectivity.  However,
there is also a way of performing searches via e-mail.  Send the command HELP
in email to WAISMAIL at NET.BIO.NET for details  (if anyone has experience with
this, some brief instructions posted in this newsgroup would be appreciated).

Happy networking!
Jonathan B. Marder                 '
Department of Agricultural Botany  |     Internet: MARDER at agri.huji.ac.il
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem | /\/ Bitnet:   MARDER at HUJIAGRI