Postdoctoral_Position_wanted

Elena_Suponeva at UQTR.UQuebec.ca Elena_Suponeva at UQTR.UQuebec.ca
Fri Sep 2 14:25:44 EST 1994

Seeking post-doctoral or other kind of research position
in the areas of:

Electrochemistry and spectroscopy of biomolecules (chlorophylls,
        porphyrins, proteins). Electrochemical processes in thin
        films at electrodes.

Photoelectrochemical energy conversion in photosynthesis and
        in model systems. Energetics and mechanism of photosynthetic
        water oxidation and oxygen evolution.

Elena P. SUPONEVA

Centre of Photobiophysical Research,
University of Quebec in Trois-Rivieres,
C.P. 500, Trois-Rivieres,
Quebec, Canada G9A 5H7

E-mail: suponeva at uqtr.uquebec.ca; ai825 at freenet.carleton.ca
Phone:  (819) 376-5077 ext.3335
FAX:    (819) 376-5057

==========
        Dear Sir/Madam,

        I am  a  postdoctoral  research  associate at  the  Centre  of
Photobiophysical Research, University  of  Quebec  in  Trois-Rivieres,
Quebec, Canada. My present research is on  spectroelectrochemistry  of
microcrystalline chlorophyll in films at the electrodes. We have shown
recently that the oxidation potential of chlorophyll is not influenced
significantly by its aggregation. By the contrary, in our  prior  work
we found a linear relationship between the potentials of polarographic
reduction and the positions of the red absorption maxima for a  number
of chlorophyll aggregates. During my postdoctoral stage,  I  was  also
involved  in  a  research   project   concerning   photoacoustic   and
fluorescence spectroscopy of platinized chloroplasts.
        My technical background  includes  numerous  electrochemical
and spectrophotometic methods and good computer  skills. I have also
experience  of practical work in a biochemical laboratory.
        Currently I am looking for a position in a quality  laboratory
with the opportunity to apply my experience and to develop  skills.  I
would appreciate receiving any information regarding the  availability
of such a position at your institute. I would appreciate also  if  you
could pass my letter and CV to others who may be interested.
        Please find enclosed my CV. I can, of course, supply the names
of references upon request. Extended Research Resume and  reprints  of
publications are also available. Thank you for taking time to consider
my request and look forward to hearing from you.

        Sincerely,
        Elena Suponeva

C U R R I C U L U M   V I T A E

NAME:                   Elena P. SUPONEVA

CURRENT ADDRESS:        Centre of Photobiophysical Research,
                                E-mail: suponeva at uqtr.uquebec.ca
                                        ai825 at freenet.carleton.ca
                                Phone:  (819) 376-5077 ext.3335
                                FAX:    (819) 376-5057

PERMANENT ADDRESS:      Institute of Soil Science and Photosynthesis,
                                Russian Academy of Sciences, Pushchino-
                                on-Oka, Moscow region, Russia 142292
                                Telex: 205128 SOIL SU
                                E-mail: sotnikov at issp.serpukhov.su

DATE OF BIRTH:          March 28, 1951

CITIZENSHIP:            Russian

ACADEMIC DEGREES:
        Ph.D. (Biophysics)        Institute of Photobiology,
                                  Belorussian Academy of
                                  Sciences, Minsk            1991
        M.Sc. (Plant Physiology)  Moscow State University    1975
        B.Sc. (Plant Physiology)  Moscow State University    1974

THESIS: "The redox properties of chlorophyll in complicated
                model systems" (Ph.D., Minsk, 1991)

PUBLICATIONS:   41

INVENTIONS:      2

EMPLOYMENT:

Centre of Photobiophysical Research,
University of Quebec in Trois-Rivieres
        Postdoctoral research associate:
                                                March 1993 - present

Institute of Soil Science and Photosynthesis,
Russian Academy of Sciences, Pushchino
        Research scientist:             February 1992 - present
        Junior research scientist:1977- february 1992
        Post-graduate stage:    1975-1977

FIELDS OF INTEREST:

        Electrochemistry and spectroscopy of biomolecules
        (chlorophylls, porphyrins, proteins). Electrochemical
        processes in thin films at electrodes.

        Photoelectrochemical energy conversion in photosynthesis and
        in model systems. Energetics and mechanism of photosynthetic
        water oxidation and oxygen evolution.

SELECTED PUBLICATIONS:

Suponeva E.P., Kisselev B.A. Relationship between the polarographic
    half-wave potentials and the positions of the red absorption
    maxima of chlorophyll aggregates (in preparation).

Suponeva E.P., Hotchandani S., Carpentier R. Characterization of
    the functional status of photosystem II in platinized
    chloroplasts by variable fluorescence and photoacoustic
    spectroscopy (in preparation).

Suponeva E.P., Hotchandani S., Arbour C., Kisselev B.A. Cyclic
    voltammetric and spectrophotometric study of microcrystalline
    chlorophyll a electrodeposited on the ITO optically
    transparent electrodes (submitted for publication in the
    J. Electroanal. Chem.).

Kisselev B.A., Suponeva E.P., Zharmukhamedov S., Klimov V.V.,
    Kolobanova L.P., Baskakov Yu.A. New inhibitors of electron
    transfer in plant photosystem 2. Redox properties of
    perfluoroisopropyldinitrobenzene derivatives and their
    correlation with the inhibitory efficiency. Biologicheskie
    membrany 1993, v. 10, p.571-580 (in Russian).

Kisselev B.A., Suponeva E.P., Kazakova A.A., Pancoska P.
    Photoelectrodes based on the thin films of chlorophylls and
    porphyrins. - In: "Sensors and detectors in the
    physico-chemical biology". Ed. by A.Gaziyev. Pushchino, 1991,
    p.11-19 (in Russian).

Suponeva E.P., Kazakova A.A., Kisselev B.A. Electrochemical
    oxidation of chlorophyll "a" in the films at Pt and SnO2
    electrodes. - Bioelectrochemistry and Bioenergetics, 1989,
    v.22, p.75-81.

Suponeva E.P., Kazakova A.A, Kadoshnikova I.G., Kisselev B.A.
    Electrochemical reduction of chlorophyll in colloidal
    solutions. Elektrokhimija 1985, v.21, p.1143-1146 (in Russian).

Suponeva E.P., Kisselev B.A., Pancoska P., Vavrinec E., Vacek K.
    Chlorophyll "a" colloidal systems in water environment and
    their interaction with synthetic polypeptides - Photobiochem.
    Photobiophysics, 1984, v,8, p.315-322.

Suponeva E.P., Kisselev B.A.,Chekulaeva L.N. Polarographic
    study of bacteriorhodopsin. - Bioelectrochemistry and
    Bioenergetics, 1981, v.8, p.251-256.

Suponeva E.P., Kisselev B.A., Evstigneev V.B., Erokhin Yu.E.
    Polarographic study of chlorophyll in aqueous solutions
    containing detergents and in chlorophyll-protein complexes. -
    Biofizika, 1978, v.23, p.441-444 (in Russian).

SELECTED SCIENTIFIC COMMUNICATIONS (poster presentations):

Suponeva E.P., Hotchandani S., Arbour C., Kisselev B.A. Is the
    oxidation potential of chlorophyll influenced by its
    aggregation state? - Gordon Research Conference on
    Photosynthesis, New Hampton, NH, August 7-12, 1994.

Suponeva E.P., Hotchandani S., Arbour C., Kisselev B.A. Oxidation
    of chlorophyll aggregates: cyclic voltammetric and spectro-
    photometric study. - Gordon Research Conference: Electron
    Donor-Acceptor Interactions, Newport, RI, August 14-19, 1994.

Suponeva E.P., Hotchandani S., Arbour C. Spectroelectrochemical
    study of microcrystalline chlorophyll a oxidation at the ITO
    optically transparent electrodes. - Abstracts of Tenth Int.
    Conf. on Photochemical Conversion and Storage of Solar Energy.
    Interlaken, Switzerland, 1994, p. 205-206.

Suponeva E.P, Kisselev B.A. Polarographic study of aggregated
    chlorophyll. - Proc. of J.Heyrovsky Memorial Congress on
    polarography. Prague, 1990, p.101.

Kisselev B.A., Suponeva E.P., Klimov V. Polarography of some
    new inhibitors of electron transfer in the photosystem 2 of
    photosynthesis. - Proc. of J.Heyrovsky Memorial Congress on
    Polarography. Prague, 1990, p.101.

Kisselev B.A., Suponeva E.P. Renewal of the polarographic
    capillary. - Proc. of the Beijing Conference and Exhibition
    on Instrumental Analysis. Beijing, China, 1989, p.310-311.

Kisselev B.A., Suponeva E.P., Heyrovsky M. Formation of
    asymmetric chlorophyll dimers and their reduction at mercury
    cathode. - Extended abstracts of the 37th meeting of Inter-
    national Electrochemical Society. Vilnius, 1986, p.440-442.

Suponeva E.P., Kisselev B.A., Pancoska P. Redox properties of
    some porphyrins and of their complexes with synthetic poly-
    peptides. - Abstr. 5th Int. Seminar on Energy Transfer.
    Prague, 1985, p.68.

Kisselev B.A., Suponeva E.P., Lebedeva A.I., Zolotareva E.K.,
    Makarov A.D. Electron transfer from chlorophyll anion-radical
    to CO2 and ADP. - Proc. of J.Heyrovsky Memorial Congress on
    Polarography. Prague, 1980, p.86.

Suponeva E.P., Kisselev B.A., Chekulaeva L.N. Polarographic
    study of bacteriorhodopsin. - Abstr. V Int. Symp. on
    Bioelectrochemistry and Bioenergetics. Weimar, 1979, p.71.