Patent - Radical Optimisation of Photosynthesis

larson eric elarson at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Mon Aug 7 22:26:27 EST 1995

rogersda at direct.ca (david rogers) writes:

>Have developed a means for using 300 times less illumination over
>plant targets using novel technique.

>Implications are crops may be grown in thermally insulated and
>environmentally controlled buildings economicaly.

>The patent search showed absolutely no other patent application
>close to the means I developed.

I don't believe it.  You're claiming good plant growth at 6.6 umol
photon/m^2/s^-1 if the base light of full sun (2000 umol/m^2/s^-1) is used
for the calculation.

Good luck on your patent though.

--
Eric Larson                  | University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
USDA/Agronomy                | 190 ERML; 1201 W. Gregory; Urbana, IL 61801