Ratio of Oxygen against CO2

A.W. Khan awkhan at fazl.demon.co.uk
Thu Aug 24 15:22:18 EST 1995

I am involved in a research on Origin of Life, in which about five
years work is already compiled, and it is almost at the end.

In this regard I needed some help on the one question of probably mathemetical
nature.

if anyone has any idea about: when the
first biotic life started to emerge
which survived on free-oxygen, at the time when there was only plentyful co2 but no free oxygen:

What was/could have been the ratio of
generation of free-oxygen by
photosynthic effect, and when those
creatures started to consume that little free oxygen how did the balance in atmosphere of oxygen and co2 got to
this stage.

In the present time, what is the ratio
of free-oxygen being generated and
pumped up into the air by
photosynthesis or otherwise (exactly
what other means)  and the ratio of co2 pumped back into the atmosphere
by respiration method.

What is the rate of co2 consumed and oxygen made during
light-photosynthesis and dark photosynthesis.

thanking you in anticipation...

A.W. Khan