wanted cyanobacteria

S. Ertz se111 at cus.cam.ac.uk
Thu Feb 16 06:02:41 EST 1995

In article <3htj43$82o at ipgate.le.ac.uk>,
anthony Hall  <ajwh1 at leicester.ac.uk> wrote:
>Could anyone tell me where I could get hold of
>cyanobacterial cultures in the UK or near the
>UK.
>
>E-mail ajwh1 at leicester.ac.uk
>
>thank you

Hello Anthony,
I tried replying to this message by e-mail bu tmy computer didn't
reconise your local id.

Try CCAP (Culture Collection of Algae and Protozoa), Institute of
Freshwater Ecology, The Windemere Laboratory, Far Sawry, Ambleside,
Cumbria LA22 0LP
Tel. (05394) 42468
Fax. (05394) 46914
e-mail ccap at ife.ac.uk

They have a good collection of cyanobacterial species, the cost is #21
per culture plus postage, they ask for 4 weeks to grow up the cultures.

There are other places you could try, if they don't have what you are
looking for, let me know by e-mail - I may know someone who does!

Best wishes, Sandor
Sandor Ertz
British Antarctic Survey, Madingley Road, Cambridge, CB3 0ET, U.K.
Tel. +44 (0)223 - 251 616    Fax. +44 (0)223 - 62 616