A ? on new Photosynthesis Researh

Douglas C Pearson dopearso at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu
Sun Feb 19 19:40:09 EST 1995

Nick Fisher <nef at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk> wrote in response to Lauren Matheson
<70214.1204 at CompuServe.COM> writes:
>> >The information I need is Name, time period of their work, their
>> >line of work and if possible the general process by which they
>> >proposed their theory.  If there's anything you can do to help
>> >that would be GREAT!
>> ===========
>
>I think the (relatively) recently published crystal structure of
>turnip cytochrome f by Martinez in Janet Smith's group at Purdue also
>counts as a "significant" contribution. Not only is this of interest
>to photosynthesis researchers but to those working in the field of
>biological electron transfer too.

i second.  [of course, since i count the newly-graduated dr martinez as a
friend, i gotta plug his stuff every chance i get. 8-) ]  it's also really
interesting just in regard to the assembly of the protein.  it's the only known
heme protein that has the amino-terminus as a ligand to the iron, and it's
got this nifty chain of waters extending from the protein surface to within
hydrogen-bond distance of the iron center.  and it just happens to by
MONSTROUSLY important to my research problem, being how plastocyanin and
cytochrome f interact.

lauren, if you need any further information on this, don't hesitate to e-mail
me.

chuck
"clueless chuck" aka douglas c pearson jr -- dopearso at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu
            osu biophysics program -- t -2 months until daddyhood!
DO I HAVE TO TAKE IN ALL OF THIS JUST TO GET TO NEBRASKA?                YES...