Light measurement

VHEUGENE%VOLCANI.EARN at ib.rl.ac.uk VHEUGENE%VOLCANI.EARN at ib.rl.ac.uk
Thu Jul 6 00:08:57 EST 1995

>I was wondering if anyone has the correct formulae for conversion of lux to
>either of these two alternative units ...

First, Einstein is non-system name of mol photon. So this is the same but
not alternative units.

Second, mol phoptons is quantum unit, but lux is not. To transfer from lux
to mol photons one should use wavelength. It is not so simple to do such
convertion because yor light intensity is wavelength dependent obviously.
I can recommend you the paper issued in 1983 in HortScience vol.18 (6),
818-822 where you can find some details about conversion between lux, mol
photon, watts. More over there are some recommendations for special light
sources from Sun to lamps.

Good luck.
Eugene Gussakovsky