day length calculations

amanda braley braley at citrus.ucr.edu
Fri Sep 8 10:14:53 EST 1995

Does anybody know of or have a basic (or similar) computer model that
will calculate the hours of daylight at any given latitude? I'm
working on a photoperiod project for which knowing the weekly
average hours of daylight at the various latitudes from which the
stock plants were collected would be usefull.  I have a table of
sunrise and sunset times, from which I could painstakingly calculate
the hours of daylight myself, but I was hoping somebody might have been
clever enough to write a little model to do this for me.

Sincerely,

Amanda Braley
Staff Research Associate
University of California