cytochrome b6f chromatography

Nick Fisher nef at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Tue Sep 19 14:54:26 EST 1995

In article <DF45BL.op at cyf-kr.edu.pl>, ubziobro at jetta (Rafal Ziobro) wrote:

>         Could anyone tell me where can I get hydroxylapatite-celulose
> for column chromatography of cytochrome b6f. I would very much
> appreciate the name of producer and catalogue index.
>         Thanks in advance
>
> --
>  Rafal Ziobro, ubziobro at jetta.if.uj.edu.pl
> ul. Armii Krajowej 81/9, 30-150 Krakow, tel. 37-20-77

Bio-Rad sell ceramic hydroxylapatite, although I've never heard of a
hydroxylapatite/cellulose matrix. I'm not sure how happy the bf complex is
going to be when subjected to this technique - you may have problems
with the detergent sticking to the column if you use cholate in your
complex isolation procedure.

Nick Fisher
Dept. of Biochemistry
Cambridge University