REACH 5 MILLION INTERNET SUBSCRIBERS - THE HIGH COST

John Allen John.Allen at placebio.lu.se
Mon Sep 25 08:10:15 EST 1995

Date: 24 Sep 1995 06:07:07 GMT
From: SPAMKING at marketing.com
To: "bionet.photosynthesis mail newsgroup" <bionet-news at dl.ac.uk>
Subject: REACH 5 MILLION INTERNET SUBSCRIBERS CALL 505-821-1945 LOW COST!
Comments: List problems/queries to <biosci at dl.ac.uk>
Comments: To mail both the group and netnews send to (photosyn at dl.ac.uk)
Sender: server-daemon at dl.ac.uk

ATTENTION ALL BUSINESS OWNERS, ADVERTISING AND MARKETING PROFESSIONALS!=20

MASS E-MAIL & POST
 To Over 5,000,000 (Million) Internet Subscribers
With Your Advertising Message.

 YOU DON'T EVEN NEED TO OWN A COMPUTER!

Save Thousands of $$ Compared to=20
US POSTAL MAIL=20

EXCITING OFFER AT THE END OF THIS FREE GUIDE

The following is a FREE GUIDE to "Effective Marketing" through the use of=
=20
electronic Mass Posting on the Internet. I have a lot of experience and ha=
ve=20
done extensive research on this new and exciting area of electronic market=
ing.

THIS IS MY STORY

I have been using electronic marketing for the last year with great result=
s. I=20
recently made national news by Internet marketing commemorative blue print=
s of=20
the Fat Man & Little Boy Atomic Bomb Shell Casings.  My most recent succes=
s was=20
marketing a Multi-level Sweepstakes game out of the Bahamas. The reason I=
=20
mention these two highly successful programs is that, as strange and unusu=
al as=20
these are ... they were very successful! The MLM Sweepstakes program nette=
d me=20
180 NEW DISTRIBUTORS with just one e-mailing! Since then many small and la=
rge=20
businesses, political candidates and non-profit foundations seeking to rai=
se=20
cash have sought out my service. This unique idea has provided an opportun=
ity=20
for small to large businesses to reach MILLIONS of internet subsribers at =
a LOW=20
COST! What other media could you utilize to reach MILLIONS of ON-LINE user=
s for=20
an investment in knowledge, time and effort!=20

HOW I ACCOMPLISHED THE TASK

I pulled ALL possible LIST SERVE MAILING LISTS and 14,000 NEWS GROUPS on t=
he=20
Internet.  I send out "just one E-mail" with bcc (blind carbon copy) to al=
l=20
lists. Don't send a separate E-mail to each Mailing List, that takes to mu=
ch=20
time! Just copy and paste E-mail address for each List and send. LIST SERV=
ERS=20
act as a postman and deliver your message to ALL members of the mailing li=
st.=20
You want to post to ALL lists at one time.  Encourage your recipients to c=
all=20
your business number, write to an address to order or obtain more informat=
ion. I
also have compiled a huge data base (now over 2 million) of E-mail address=
es=20
that are sent directly to the recipient.

NEWS GROUPS

NEWS GROUPS are used in a similar fashion. I simply PULL the E-mail addres=
ses=20
off the News Groups and then blind carbon copy, post everyone, with just o=
ne=20
E-mail. You can also "post your message" to the News Groups. Be prepared f=
or=20
Flames and Mail Bombs (large files designed to clog up the server) to both=
 you=20
and your Service Provider. However, I have found that the so called "Voice=
s from
the Net" is much overrated. Most people pay no attention if they have no=20
interest. People simply hit the delete key thereby eliminating the message=
.. I=20
might add that this method is a whole lot better for the environment than=
=20
filling up our landfills with paper junk mail.  However, your SERVICE PROV=
IDER=20
WILL react due to even the smallest amount of mail bombs it receives. WHY =
you=20
ask?  Service Providers get UPSET due to the fact that mail bombs can over=
load,=20
shut or slow down the Server. This temporarily deprives some of their cust=
omer's
access. This tends to make them a LITTLE TESTY!  However, this is not as b=
ad as=20
it seems. You already may have received many "connection refused by Host" =
error=20
messages from your Server. This happens when traffic becomes too heavy for=
 your=20
Server to handle and the Server temporarily bottle necks (slows or shuts d=
own.)=20
The issue for your Internet Service Provider is not the issue of advertisi=
ng or=20
marketing. The issue for your Service Provider is a small group of malicio=
us=20
people who have an anti-advertising agenda and will make every attempt to =
stop=20
this new exciting trend in advertising and marketing on the Internet.=20

WHEN TO SEND YOUR MASS POSTING

A suggested time to send out your huge mass posting is on a Monday morning=
 at=20
2:00 am. At that time there is less competition for bandwidth. Furthermore=
, the=20
Syops (system operators serve as monitors) are usually not very awake on M=
onday=20
morning. They are more likely to let your E-mail slip by due to dealing wi=
th=20
hundreds of posting to their Mailing List from the weekend. It really pays=
 to=20
make your Subject Header something that is "very generic." Many Syops just=
 look=20
at the Subject header and NOT the content before posting. When that happen=
s ...=20
You're in business! Examples of a good header would be: FYI, Good Informat=
ion,=20
Reply to message, Coffee anyone? You get the idea I am sure. Just be creat=
ive=20
and stay away from headers that sound commercial. The subscribers also ten=
d to=20
forward your message to others if you request they do so in your posting. =
BTW,=20
..... MOST of the Lists are NOT REALLY MONITORED. Syops will seek to censor=
=20
commercial messages before posting to a group mailing list. However, I can=
=20
assure you that the anti-advertising element is a small minority and does =
not=20
represent the clear majority of on-line users.

MAJOR BULLETIN BOARDS

AOL, Compuserve, Prodigy and Delphi, ETC., don't have the problem of shutt=
ing=20
down because of their large size capacity. They are also much slower to re=
spond=20
to NEWBIES who don't "know any better." Generally speaking it takes about =
3=20
warnings about Mass Posting (spamming) from a Service Provider to finally =
shut=20
you down. If you are currently a subscriber to one of the big services and=
 you=20
get bumped off, ... a letter of apology to TOS (Terms of Service) with a p=
romise
not to Mass Post again will always get you turned back on.

USE OF AN AUTOMATED ANSWERING SERVICE & MARKET EXPANSION LINE

One technique that I use with a great deal of success is an AUTOMATED ANSW=
ERING=20
SERVICE. US WEST COMMUNICATIONS (phone company) provides a service called =
VOICE=20
MESSAGING. You will never miss a message or have a busy line again! This s=
ervice
adds $6.95 a month to your phone bill. The great thing about it is that it=
 can=20
handle ALL your incoming calls at one time. I have my Voice Mail Service s=
et up=20
as an information and ordering HOT LINE.  If you expect MORE calls than wh=
at=20
this service can handle, then you may want to invest about $30.00 a month =
for a=20
full Voice Mail Service or employ a receptionist who can actually answer t=
he=20
phone to take orders.

The use of a MARKET EXPANSION LINE can also be very useful. This is simply=
 a=20
phone number that automatically call forwards to the number of your choosi=
ng.=20
The advantage of this service is that you can use this number in your=20
advertising and then disconnect it at anytime in the future without ever=20
compromising your true phone number. A market expansion line costs aprox. =
$28.00
to set up plus $15.00 a month service fee. Contact your local telephone se=
rvice=20
provider for complete details on Voice Messaging and the Market Expansion =
line.=20

IMPORTANT TIP: REALLY PAY ATTENTION TO THIS!

This Tip is MOST important! Make sure that you have an address and telepho=
ne=20
number in your message for prospects to call or write. Remember that your=
=20
Service Provider will bump you off. Therefore, donUt count on recieving an=
y=20
replies via E-mail.  Yes, you will get an occasional nut case/radical who =
will=20
call to complain. HOWEVER, you will receive LOT$ of legitimate orders for =
your=20
valuable product or service! Make sure that you use a MAIL BOX ETC. addres=
s as=20
your business address. This company will give you what will appear to be a=
 real=20
street address as opposed to a PO BOX. You never can tell if a REAL nut ca=
se=20
will drop by your home or business location and cause problems. =20

HELPFUL HINTS

You can make your mass posting program last much longer with your Service=
=20
Provider if you take the time to post a question to the Mailing List that =
fits=20
their subject matter and then add a PS, ... BTW, Do you want to buy someth=
ing=20
..... information. This tip was offered to me by one of the big List Syops.=
=20
However, I found this very time consuming to post individually to thousand=
s of=20
lists and far EASIER to just change Service Providers. Again, if you're go=
ing to
Mass post (spam) ... do it BIG!!!  Little or BIG mass posting, the result =
is the
same. Your Service Provider will tire of receiving Mail Bombs and eventual=
ly=20
give you the Old Heave Ho! Keep in mind that you ARE going to be eventuall=
y=20
bumped off anyway ... so what's the difference?  Don't be afraid to mass p=
ost to
your Mailing Lists again and again. There is a constant turn over of subsc=
ribers
to any Mailing List providing you new prospects for your marketing efforts=
..=20

THE INTERNET gods HAVE SPOKEN!

Your Mailing-List SYOP will say to you "The Internet gods have spoken. You=
 are=20
FOREVER BANNED from ever using our Mailing-List again"! They will put a bl=
ock on
your current net address preventing you access.  HOWEVER, each time you ch=
ange=20
Service Providers ... guess what?  You have a NEW E-Mail Address! The=20
Mailing-List computer site is kind of stupid and doesn't recognize that yo=
u're=20
the same person. This also works if you change Mail programs to the "same"=
=20
Service Provider. Just a slight change in your mail program will do the tr=
ick! =20
Example: Just change from Eudora to Pine and AWAY YOU GO AGAIN!

NETIQUETTE?  WHAT THE @#=DC%* IS THAT!?

"I do know one thing about Netiquette,=20
not very many users practice it!"

The Net is totally unregulated and governed by something called "Netiquett=
e." =20
However, you can within reason, disregard Netiquette because of the consta=
ntly=20
changing self imposed rules and hypocrisy of most of the users. If you don=
't=20
believe this, just monitor some News Groups and you will soon agree! Keep =
in=20
mind that the Internet community strongly supports First Amendment Rights,=
=20
including the right to distribute and promote explicit pornography, text a=
nd all
sorts of weird ideas and Weirdo's. However, at the same time, a small voca=
l=20
minority will object, oppose and seek to censor an innocent commercial mes=
sage.=20
..... GO FIGURE!!

LEGAL CONSIDERATIONS

I have consulted with everyone from the Internet Society to my states Atto=
rney=20
General Office and private Attorneys who specialize in the field of Postal=
, Wire
and the newly emerging Internet. There are no civil or criminal laws being=
=20
violated as a result of MASS POSTING!  NONE AT ALL!!=20

DIRECT MARKETING ASSOCIATION

The Direct Marketing Association says that you should average about 1.5 or=
 2%=20
response from a U S POSTAL mailing program. I have found that percentage i=
s=20
right on the money with E-mailing!  In fact, readership is almost 100% com=
pared=20
to half of U S POSTAL junk mail being thrown away unopened. However, even =
if=20
your response is a tiny 1/10 of 1% from 5,000.000 E-mails, that still is 5=
,000=20
prospective customers for your product or service!

I hope this primer on Electronic Marketing will bring you much success as =
you=20
join with me in pioneering new marketing opportunities!

NOW HERE IS MY OFFER TO YOU!
IUll help you reach 5,000,000 MILLION prospects=20
RIGHT NOW!

I will set up your mass posting program for a total of $425.00. Avoid the =
need=20
to sit in front of your computer downloading E-Mail addresses for literall=
y=20
months at a time! I can launch your program within days of receiving your =
order!

REMEMBER: You DO NOT have to own a computer!  However, you must be able to=
=20
receive and answer thousands of inquires from interested prospects!

I can also attach a GIF or JPEG file to your message at no additional char=
ge!=20
This is a file that appears as a separate attachment to your E-Mail. The f=
ile=20
appears on your prospects screen as a quality full page color or black & w=
hite=20
advertisement. (You will have to provide the Art work. Lay out must be no =
larger
than an 8 1/2 x 11.) Cost includes set-up, consultation and running of pro=
gram=20
on your Internet account. =20

To begin your Internet Advertising Campaign,
 please call or write to:

Jeff Slaton=20
5901 J Wyoming Bld N E  Suite #284
Albq.,  NM  87109
CALL (505) 821-1945 voice mail
Please leave your name, complete address and phone number.=20
(Sorry, but incomplete information will not receive a reponse)

The following must be signed and dated with your order.

DISCLAIMER:=20
Advertising on the Internet is new and controversial. You may receive prot=
esting
phone calls or be the object of electronic attacks if you engage in it,=20
particularly on a mass basis.  The use of mass posting programs is highly=
=20
controversial. Mr. Jeff Slaton acts only as a programmer and consultant fo=
r such
services and has no control over what may occur in such cases. The purchas=
er=20
agrees to hold Mr. Jeff Slaton, his employees, and representatives harmles=
s from
any and all repercussions resulting from the use of mass posting programs =
or=20
services purchased from Mr. Jeff Slaton including but not limited to elect=
ronic=20
attacks and suspension of purchasers Internet account.

Please accept my order for the above.  I have agreed to the terms and cond=
itions
as stated above.

Representative________________________________________________
                       Name:       Jeff Slaton

Customer Signature X______________________, Date X______________

           Please Print Name ______________________________________

                                                                 =20
Title:___________________  =20
              =20
                                                   Phone=20
Number___________________
                                 =20
                                                 =20
Address________________________
                                                 =20
_______________________________
                                                 =20
_______________________________

Please remit full payment via Check or Money Order to:
 JEFF SLATON
5901 J WYOMING BLVD NE, SUITE 284
ALBUQUERQUE, NEW MEXICO 87109
copyright at 1995
All Rights Reserved

_____________________________________

John F. Allen
Department of Plant Cell Biology
Lund University
Box 7007
S-220 07 LUND
Sweden

Tel: +46 46 2224987 or 2227788 (direct)
FAX: +46 46 2223684 or 2224009 (direct)

Email: john.allen at placebio.lu.se

Further information on URL:

gopher://classic.placebio.lu.se/11ftp:VCB classic HD: