Photosynthesis: you can get a list of several dozen unpublished tech

Michael Ravnitzky MikeRav at ix.netcom.com
Wed Apr 2 10:53:20 EST 1997

DO YOU WANT A LIST OF RARE, PREVIOUSLY UNAVAILABLE MILITARY REPORTS ON
THE SUBJECT OF PHOTOSYNTHESIS?

You can get a list of [largely unpublished] military technical
reports on photosynthesis and related topics.  Many of these reports
have been locked away for various bureaucratic reasons and have not been
put into the public domain, until now.

Here are some subject keywords with which you can obtain a LIST of
several dozen military technical reports on photosynthesis and related
subjects from the Defense Technical Information Center, a government
agency. [see below]

KEYWORDS:

Photosynthesis
Chlorophyll
Chlorophylls
Pheophytins
Organic Pigments
Porphyrins

IMPORTANT NOTE:  Do not bother using the DTIC web site--in a nutshell,
it is worthless because the web site omits most of the two million
technical reports in the DTIC collection. [Most of these reports are
NOT, repeat NOT, repeat NOT in the NTIS collection, and have been
unavailable to the public.]  Send a letter instead--you will get much
better results.

The fee is likely to be free or only a few bucks.  You probably want to
include a statement in the letter such as *I agree to pay reasonable
fees associated with this request.  Please notify me if the cost will
exceed $25.*,  so that they won't delay the processing of the request.
Remember, they WILL try to dissuade you from asking for such a list.  If
they send you a letter, and you do not respond, they will withdraw your
request and you will not get your information.

Here is a form letter to use for your request: