post-doc in photosynthesis (US)

John Cheeseman j-cheeseman at uiuc.edu
Wed Apr 30 13:34:46 EST 1997

I am interested in hiring a post-doc interested in working on
photosynthesis using mangroves as the primary experimental organisms. The
work will largely be laboratory and greenhouse based and rather far from
the nearest naturally growing tree, though there are some possibilities
for field work.  At present, my main interests in the area concern the
short-term regulation of photosynthesis (time scale of minutes to less
than an hour) and the relative overall contributions of different
mechanisms for tolerance of high light (for example mechanical,
xanthophyll related and anti-oxidant related).

This position would be funded by the Integrated Photosynthesis Research
Training Grant at the University of Illinois.  Because of restrictions
from the granting agency, the position would be limited to US citizens.  I
apologize in advance to the large number of qualified applicants from
abroad, but this restriction is not under my control at all.  The U of I
is an equal opportunity employer.  Starting salary would be 24K+ with a
starting date in mid-August.

For more information on the training grant and research program, please
see:  http://www.life.uiuc.edu/plantbio/pstg/
For more details, please contact me directly:

John M. Cheeseman, Professor
Department of Plant Biology
University of Illinois
Urbana IL 61801