Terraform Venus

Eric Brooks brookse at igc.org
Fri Aug 1 10:41:31 EST 1997

Hi all :)

This is my first time posting to this newsgroup.

Lets get right to it.

For a couple of years now I have been considering the idea of
terraforming Venus, and I have come to the conclusion that it can be
done within a thirty to fifty year time frame.
For those that are not familiar with the term, terraforming is
reworking a planet and its surface so that it will support Earth based
life.

Photosynthetic science will be key to this endeavor.

I am now forming a team in order to brainstorm ideas for the project
and then move to put those ideas into action.
Because I am going to be the project coordinator, I have some
requirements as to the type of people that I want to work with, as
follows;

This undertaking will not just be a feat in engineering. To create a
truly viable and self sustaining planetary biosphere, it will be
necessary to build a new society as well.

I intend in this new community, to eliminate animal slavery of all
kinds, abolish weapons, and eliminate property ownership and market
based capitalism in favour of communal democracy.
These goals are key to forming a sustainable ecosystem on a planet.

If you agree with this perspective and are interested in the idea of
terraforming Venus, email me at:

brookse at igc.org

Let's build a world :)

Eric Brooks