Photosynthesis in "Reed Canarygrass"

Ponnurajah Ranjanan S9501505 at jacaranda.civgeo.rmit.EDU.AU
Thu Aug 14 10:25:39 EST 1997

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am conducting a research project on "Land Disposal of Sewage Effluent using
 Enhanced Grass Filtration". The project site is located in the
South-eastern suburbs of  Melbourne, Australia. Grass Filtration Area, consists
 of 12  bays (each about 35m * 300m long), to receive partially treated sewage
 effluent. Treatment  process relies mainly on
Nitrification-Denitrification.
 I wonder if it is possible for you  to advise me, if  during active
photosynthesis
 in this type of grass(Reed Canarygrass, phalaris arundinacea)
whether there is a chance of oxygen being released through the  root system.
 An early reply is much appreciated.
Regards.

P.Ranjanan