Unit conversion help

Pascal Meunier pmeunier at sgt-peppers.purdue.edu
Mon Aug 18 16:05:34 EST 1997

In article <33F88EFA.8DB3A67E at mail.telepac.pt>, Monica Moura
<mtmoura at mail.telepac.pt> wrote:

> Please forgive me if this is too basic (or off topic) to post here, but
> I wonder if anyone could please help me with this conversion problem I
> have. How can I convert a value that is in lux (illuminance) to
> micromole*m^-2*sec^-1?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help,
>
> Best regards,
>
> Monica

It depends on the spectrum of the source.  If I remember correctly, lux is
relative to the human eye's sensitivity, so conversions are approximative.
E-mail me more details and I'll try to help you more (remove "sgt-peppers"
from my email address).
Cheers
Pascal

--
My Usenet Law#1:  If something can be misconstrued, cynically answered to,
or dismissed with an insult or mockery, it will be.

My Usenet Law#2:  Do not let Law #1 discourage you from making intelligent,
articulate posts.  You might get enlightning or helpful answers, and even
respect.