Photosynthesis question

Michael Humora humora_michael_j at msmail.bms.com
Thu Feb 20 19:02:59 EST 1997

My daughter Kathryn is in the seventh grade. She is doing a science
project on photosynthesis. Her experiment, in progress, is as follows.
Kathryn has three sets of plants and is exposing them to 12 hours of
light in a 24 hour period. The experiment has one set obtaining 2 hours
of light followed by 2 hours of darkness for a 24 hour period. The
second set is receiving 6 hours of light followed by 6 hours of darknes
for a 24 hour period. The third set is getting 12 hours of light
followed by 12 hours of darkness.

We have had no luck in finding any information on light regulated plant
growth similar to Kathryn's experiment.

Can you shed some light!!! We are looking for  any previous work that
addresses this type of experiment.

Thanks for your help.  Michael

humora at bms.com