A postdoctoral position is open

Autar Mattoo amattoo at asrr.arsusda.gov
Mon Sep 29 14:00:07 EST 1997

We are looking for a postdoctoral associate to work in my laboratory.  The
ad is enclosed.  PLease bring it to the attention of the promising
candidates.

Available immediately is a 2-year postdoctoral research associate position
in the USDA's Vegetable Laboratory at Beltsville, Maryland 20705-2350.  The
position is open to US citizens.  Citizens of those countries having
treaties with US Govt may also apply.  The position is in a research
program devoted to produce transgenic vegetables (tomato, potato) using
novel gene constructs to protect plants against environmental stresses such
as high light, drought and oxidative stress, and increase shelf-life and
nutritional quality of the produce.  Biochemical amd molecular approaches
need to be designed and applied.  The candidate should be able to work
independently and in team research.  Background information on the research
interests of the principal investigator may be obtained from the net:
http://www.barc.usda.gov/psi/vl/home.htm  Salary: $38,330 p.a.
Send updated resume's and three letters of references to Dr. Autar Mattoo,
Research Leader, Vegetable Laboratory,  Building 010A, Room 240, USDA,
Beltsville Agricultural Research Center,   Beltsville, MD 20705-2350, USA.

Thanks and with best wishes,

Autar

(Autar K. Mattoo)
The USDA's Vegetable Laboratory
Building 010A, Room 246
ARS/PSI/BARC-W
10300 Baltimore Ave
Beltsville, MD. 20705-5374, USA

Tel: 1-301-504-7380;  Fax: 1-301-504-5555
Email: amattoo at asrr.arsusda.gov
Internet: http://www.barc.usda.gov/psi/vl/home.htm

Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.....A Chinese Proverb
By losing present time, we lose all time.....W. Gurney Benham
Generous minds do not amuse themselves with the petty toys of rank, honor,
and titles.....Francis De Sales

   Let noble thoughts come to us from every side...Rigveda, I-89-i