Historical Corner/PSRES

govindjee gov at uiuc.edu
Thu Jan 15 14:39:07 EST 1998

Dear Photosynthesis colleagues:

I am pleased to inform you that  in the month of February (1998),
Photosynthesis Research will be publishing a "Personal
Perspective/Minireview"  by George Feher of the Physics Department of the
University of California at San Diego, California. I provide below its
reference:

G. Feher (1998) "Three Decades of Research in Bacterial Photosynthesis and
the Road Leading to it: A Personal Account". Photosynthesis Research,
Volume 55 (number 1), pages 1-40.

        In 1998, we are also expecting to read the "Personal Perspective"
by Andre Jagendorf; and  an "Obituary"  of Noun Shavit.

        During 1997, we had the following papers that dealt with
historical perspectives (including obituaries); in case you have missed
them, you can find them from the following list:

[1] P. Loach (1997) "Obituary: A Rembrance of Melvin Calvin". Photosynth.
Res. 54(1) 1-3.

[2] Y. Fujita (1997) " A Study on the Dynamic Features of Photosystem
Stoichiometry: Accomplishments and Problems for Future Studies."
Photosynth. Res. 53 (1-2) 83-93.

[3] H. Gest (1997) "A 'Misplaced Chapter' in the History of Photosynthesis
Research; the Second Publication (1796) on Plant Processes by Dr. Jan
Ingenhousz, M.D., Discoverer of Photosynthesis. A Bicentennial
'Resurrection'"". Photosynth. Res. 53(1) 65-72.

[4] H.J. Dutton (1997) " Carotenoid-sensitized Photosynthesis: Quantum
Efficiency, Fluorescence and Energy Transfer". Photosynth. Res. 52(2)
175-185.

[5] D. A. Walker (1997)" 'Tell Me Where All Past Years Are'". Photosynth.
Res. 51(1) 1-26.

        If you have suggestions for articles in the "Historical Corner" of
Photosynthesis Research, please donot hesitate to write to me.

Govindjee
Associate Editor (Historical Corner), Photosynthesis Research

Govindjee

Web page address (URL);click on it:<http://www.life.uiuc.edu/govindjee/>

Professor of Biophysics and Computational Biology and of Plant Biology,
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 265 Morrill Hall, 505 South
Goodwin Avenue, Urbana,IL 61801-3707,USA
Office phone: 217-333-1794; office fax: 217-244-7246

Home address: 2401 South Boudreau, Urbana,IL 61801-6655, USA
Home phone; 217-337-0627; home fax: 217-337-6389
"Let noble thoughts come to you from every side" when communicating with
me; I will do the same when communicating with you.
-