beermats & science

david walker david at alegba.demon.co.uk
Mon Jul 19 12:09:45 EST 1999

Many contributors to 'photosynthesis' have expressed interest in the use of
beermats (coasters) to "further the public understanding of sceince".
Originally the answers to the questions posed were not posted on our web
site

http://www.alegba.demon.co.uk/beermats.html

because we did not wish to anticipate their arrival in the pubs which
participated. Subsequently some visitors to the site did not look far
enough to find the answers. This week the site has been updated and both
questions and answers are now readily accessed at a click.

david walker

----------
---------------------------------------
 From David Alan Walker, D.Sc. FRS,  Emeritus Professor of Photosynthesis,
University of Sheffield, UK.

				Current Links

'The Pub Understanding of Science'-the role of beer mats in furthering the
understandingof science
http://www.alegba.demon.co.uk/beermats.html

'A Leaf in Time'- a text on photosynthesis for 8-12 year olds
http://www.portlandpress.co.uk/books/isbn/1855780976.htm

'Energy, Plants and Man'- a text on photosynthesis  and the environment for
16-99 year olds
http://www.asu.edu./clas/photosyn/books/walkerbk.html
Phone +44 (0)114 2305904
Fax     +44 (0)870 0554915