lpedel at wiccmail.weizmann.ac.il
Thu Jul 22 12:08:09 EST 1999
2 postdoctoral positions available in plant tissue culture and transformation
* This is an exciting research project (team of 6) involving new
areas of plant biotechnology in a first class scientific atmosphere.
Location: Department of Plant Sciences, Weizmann Institute of
Science, Rehovot, Israel.
* WIS is a premiere international science institution with a
scientific staff of 1,700 and several hundred foreign visiters and
postdocs on campus at any one time. All seminars, activities, etc.
are run in English. Israel's largest science-based industria
l park is right next door.
* Rehovot is a university town of 100,000 located 30 min. from Tel
Aviv, 50 min. from Jerusalem and 15 min. from the Mediterranean sea.
Lots of activities on campus and lots of restaurants in town.
Duration: 1-3 years (depending on suitability)
Effective: August 1999
* recent Ph.D. in plant biotechnology or plant molecular biology.
* Strong background in plant tissue culture and transformation.
* Good team player who can work under pressure.
Financial: US$ 26,000 net (fellowship) per annum
Perks: Foreign travel to one international meeting per year
Respond by email (include C.V.) to:
Dr. Ron Vunsh lpron at weizmann.weizmann.ac.il
More information about the Photosyn