A Leaf in Time

david walker david at alegba.demon.co.uk
Mon Oct 11 13:21:29 EST 1999

Seems like a lifetime ago I wrote a little book for Portland Press called
'A Leaf in Time' . For reasons quite beyond my control its publication was
delayed for almost 4 years, adding a certain irony to the title.
Nevertheless  it has finally appeared. It has to do with photosynthesis and
such and is aimed at  8-12 year olds. This message is simply to thank
everyone who has waited patiently, like the lighthouse keeper's horse, and
enquired from time to time about what was happening to it. At last the
message at

http://www.portlandpress.co.uk/books/isbn/1855780976.htm

really is more than a promise.

David Walker

----------
---------------------------------------
 From David Alan Walker, FRS,  Emeritus Professor of Photosynthesis,
University of Sheffield, UK.

Phone +44 (0)114 2305904
Fax     +44 (0)870 0554915

				Current Links
'The Pub Understanding of Science'-the role of beer mats in furthering the
understandingof science
http://www.alegba.demon.co.uk/beermats.html

'A Leaf in Time'- a text on photosynthesis for 8-12 year olds
http://www.portlandpress.co.uk/books/isbn/1855780976.htm

'Energy, Plants and Man'- a text on photosynthesis  and the environment for
16-99 year olds
http://www.asu.edu./clas/photosyn/books/walkerbk.html