Martin Kamen is no more

Govindjee gov at uiuc.edu
Mon Sep 2 07:48:28 EST 2002

Dear Photosynthesis Colleagues:
It is my sad duty to inform you that  our dear friend  Martin Kamen,
co-discoverer of C-14, and one of the great pioneers of photosynthisis,
both bacterial and plant, passed away on August 31, 2002. This information
came to me yesterday from Andy Benson, who heard about it from David
Kamen.
We plan to organize the publication of his obituary in 2003 in
Photosynthesis Research.
Govindjee
Editor, Historical Corner
Photosynthesis Research