Further Sad news: John Biggins is no more

Govindjee gov at uiuc.edu
Wed Sep 15 15:17:18 EST 2004

Further to my recent note on the several deaths this year, I have to,
unfortunately, add another sad News from Douglas Bruce:

"I have some very sad news, John Biggins died yesterday after a heart
attack.  Sam Beale thought that his wife Cathy might appreciate hearing
from John's friends in photosynthesis...Her postal address is 24000 Dry
Creek Ridge Road, Cloverdale, CA 95425, USA, and the email address is
biggins at vbbn.com
So hard to believe he is gone."

Editor, Historical Corner, Photosynthesis research

Mailing address: Govindjee, Professor Emeritus, Biochemistry, Biophysics
and Plant Biology, Department of Plant Biology, University of Illinois,
265 Morrill Hall,MC-116, 505 South Goodwin Avenue, Urbana,IL 61801-3707,

Telephones: 217-337-0627 (home); 217-333-1794 (office); fax: 217-244-7246
E-mail: gov at life.uiuc.edu; URL: http://www.life.uiuc.edu/govindjee
Part 3 of the History Issues of "Photosynthesis Research" is now
published in Volume 80(2004).