C3/C4 plant ID and delta 13C discrimination data

Douglas Bielenberg dbielen at CLEMSON.EDU
Tue Mar 15 11:42:34 EST 2005

<x-flowed>Hello all,
          I have been approached by a soils colleague with a long list of
plants from a Eurasian grassland system that she would like to 1.  Know if
they are C3 or C4 plants and 2. Find any known C13 discrimination values of
the tissues of these species.  Does anyone know of a database that might
contain such information or be able to suggest an efficient way of
gathering this information.  The species are organized by plant family so
even some information on the taxonomic distribution of C4 would be a great
place to start.  I have a feeling that a very limited number of these
species will have had any information gathered as relates to delta C13.
Any ideas would be great, thanks,

Douglas

Douglas G. Bielenberg

Assistant Professor of Horticulture and Biological Sciences
175 Plant & Animal Sciences Bldg.
Department of Horticulture
Clemson University
Clemson, SC 29634-0319