[Photosynthesis] Glucose is no more a product

David Walker via photosyn%40net.bio.net (by d.a.walker from sheffield.ac.uk)
Wed Dec 19 06:21:40 EST 2007

Forgive me for returning to an old theme that I have troubled you with in
the past.

For half a century or more, it has been clear that the path of
starch synthesis in chloroplasts starts with triose
phosphates and progresses to polymer formation via
glucose-1-P rather than free glucose. Glucose is no more a product of carbon
assimilation by illuminated chloroplasts than is sucrose.
So, why do textbooks insist that it is?.

If you wish to read a recent article about this you can find it by pasting
DOI 10.1007/s11120-007-9139-3
into Google

Best Christmas wishes
>From David Alan Walker, FRS; Emeritus Professor of Photosynthesis,