Teaching aids for Plant Breeding Course

Mike Prigge prigge at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Wed Aug 16 00:18:23 EST 1995

Geoff -
I visited my old high school teacher and was amazed that she had her
class doing real genetics using "Wisconsin Fast Plants." If you have
access to a science library, look at the May 1994 issue of Plant Cell,
pp. 577-579. If you don't have access, write back to me and I could mail
you a copy of the article if you are interested. At the end of the
article, she gives an email address to use to get more info:
wisfast at calshp.cals.wisc.edu . (Phone: 1-800-462-7417. Gopher server:
calshp.cals.wisc.edu .)
The original reference for the plants is: Williams and Hill. (1986)
Rapid-cycling populations of Brassica. Science. Vol 232, pp. 1385-1389.

Good luck.
Mike