WI in Scotland

Wilson A Taylor, Dr. Wilson Taylor taylorwa at UWEC.EDU
Wed Dec 13 14:52:58 EST 1995

This is an amazing medium, this e-mail thing.

In the space of 2 days I have gotten 5 separate contacts for plant bio
assistance in Scotland, several minimal laboratory exercises, and some
promises for additional support.

I also learned about "cyber cafes" that have opened in Scotland.  Does
anyone else not know anything about these but me?

Thanks to all who have offered assistance.  (Don't consider this a license
to stop sending ideas).

At the risk of a breach of e-protocol, I am including the address of
Nightline who is conducting a public poll of whether wolf reintroduction
programs should be pursued.

Dateline at nbc.com

write immediately to vote yes or no.

I am preparing a course on current environmental problems for Scotland, so
survival of the planet (our species really) is on my mind these days
(unfortunately I'm not too hopeful).  I find that discussions like this fit
very nicely in my plant biology course - especially on issues like genetic
engineering of food crops and global food issues.  The students really seem
to appreciate the relevance, even if it isn't generally too uplifting.

Wilson A. Taylor
Department of Biology
University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
Eau Claire, WI  54701