Need pointer to ref mat'l or articles

Jon Panek panek at an.hp.com
Fri Nov 3 11:53:59 EST 1995

My wife is working on a term paper and has had great difficulty
finding any articles or books in area libraries which address her
topic.  She is researching two plants, Rhamnus Frangula (Alder
Buckthorn) and Polygonum Cuspidatum (Japanese Knotweed) and wants
to discuss the following issues:

  Are there any historic landscapes in which this plant was
     significantly planted?

  How do you eliminate this plant from a forest when it escapes?

  What habitat does this plant prefer?

  How common is this plant in Europe, where it is a native?

If you know of any reference materials, articles or books which
might shed light on these questions, could you please tell me?

Thank you very much!

--
Jonathan Panek
Hewlett-Packard Imaging Systems Division

              Delivered by Electronic Sled dogs......WOOF!
                INTERNET ADDRESS: panek at hpanvi.an.hp.com