Question

Scott Brenkert JGQC62A at prodigy.com
Sat Nov 25 01:15:53 EST 1995

  In other words, is there a correlation between phloem or xylem
>cell diameter (or some such anatomical value) and photosynthetic rate,
>transpiration rate, or yield (or some such physiological value)?

There would have to be, at least for transpiration rate.  Under high heat
stress, plants in moist soil will often wilt, because they can't get
water to the leaves fast enough.  Of course, this is also due to water
uptake at the root-soil interface.  It's much the same thing I should
think, though.
-
  SCOTT BRENKERT  JGQC62A at prodigy.com