ficus

Michael Joseph Kerkman mjk8 at DANA.UCC.NAU.EDU
Sat Dec 7 20:47:14 EST 1996

A friend asked me (she's in my botany class but has trouble getting on
this newsgroup) a question and I am posing it here:
 when you ring a tree, it dies becuz of the fact that the phloem
can'tr do all it's transporting. But what about a ficus tree taht is
braided? Like in nursuries when they do that. What if you ring a braided
ficus? Would it die? But doesn't It have phloem in the middle that would
still be there to transport photosynthate?
Well, I think it could still live. What about you?
mike kerkman