Tasting chlorophyll

David Haas dhaas at CHI1.UNCFSU.EDU
Wed Feb 21 08:35:33 EST 1996

Dear Plant-eders

    Here's one I've never heard.  One of my students said that she
had done a lab in school where the teacher had the students taste
leaves to see if they could taste chlorophyll.  She said it was
analogous to the PTC test in genetics where  some are tasters and
others not and this is why some people don't like green vegetables.
Has any one ever heard this???  It sounds like an urban or rural mith
but if there is one thing i have learned in life is that I can be
wrong!

Dave Haas

Dave Haas
Department of Natural Sciences
Fayetteville State University
Fayetteville, NC 28303

"More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One
path leads to despair and utter hopelessness.  The other, to total
extinction.  Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly." -
Allen Konigsberg.