plants and milk

Kathleen Greco RFMK45A at prodigy.com
Mon Feb 26 17:19:24 EST 1996

My fifth grade daughter is doing her science project on the differences
between growing plants with tap water, sugar water and milk.  We've done
our best to control all other variables - light, temperature, potting
medium, timing, plant variety.  The experiment is going fine - the
problem we're having is finding suitable resources for her background
research.  The books we've found that were written for the average
gardner aren't specific enough about what a plant needs (or doesn't need)
to grow.  On the other hand, a few articles we've found on the 'net were
so detailed we couldn't make heads or tails out of them.  Can anyone help
supply the kind of information we're looking for?

Thanks!
-
  KATHLEEN GRECO  RFMK45A at prodigy.com