plants and milk

Char A Bezanson bezanson at STOLAF.EDU
Tue Feb 27 11:44:55 EST 1996

There is an excellent book available which may just fit the bill for you.
It's Botany for Gardeners: An Introduction and Guide, by Brian Capon.
Capon is botanist recently retired from Cal State University at Los
Angeles, and he does a nice job of bridging the gap between a college text
and gardening book. I've used this book as a text for an elementary
teacher institute on plant science- it is detailed, but makes few
assumptions about the reader's background, and uses examples that relate
to common experience rather than primarily to lab research.  It's
available from Timber Press (1-800-327-5680) for about $18, but came out
in 1990 so may be in your public library, as well.  Good luck!

Char A. Bezanson (bezanson at stolaf.edu)
School Nature Area Project
St. Olaf College
Northfield,  MN  55057