Botany Readings

Jerry Pickering JLPICKER at grove.iup.edu
Mon Jan 15 13:51:34 EST 1996

Dear Doug: With regards to yur request:
I am teaching an introductory botany course for the first time and want
to liven up the course with more than just text book readings. Does
anyone know of essays, articles, books on interesting aspects of plants?
I'm thinking of Stephen J. Gould type or David Quammen level essays. One
good source I've found is "Wily Violets and Underground Orchids" by Peter
Bernhardt which has many interesting chapters on reproductive biology.

The book by Bernhardt is no longer in print.  I was going to use it this
semester in my plant biology course, but found out it was no longer available!
Good luck.  Let me know if you find a source.

Jerry Pickering
Biology Dept.
Indiana U. of PA
Indiana, PA 15705