grad student funding

Galloway Cynthia M kfcmg00 at TAMUK.EDU
Tue Jan 30 16:25:44 EST 1996

I teach at a small campus within the Texas A&M system and have come up
against a funding problem.  We are expected to recruit graduate students
(Master's level) and we have no money for research supplies for the
student's research nor money to pay for a research assistanceship.  The
only source of funding is to provide a teaching assistantship for ten hours a
week at minimum wage.  This comes out to about $180.00 a month, not
much.  Where do others in a similar situation come up with money?  I
currently have a student wanting to do Molecular research and am being
pressured to take her on since I haven't had a graduate student, yet.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Cyndy

 --
Dr. Cynthia M. Galloway