plant biochemistry book

George F Edick edickg at RPI.EDU
Thu Mar 7 15:30:50 EST 1996

Two that I have found to complement each other nicely as general references are:

PLANT BIOCHEMISTRY, 3rd edition
(eds) Bonner and Varner
Academic Press
1976
ISBN 0-12-114860-2

INTRODUCTION TO PLANT BIOCHEMISTRY, 2nd edition
Goodwin and Mercer
Pergamon Press
1983 (reprinted 1990 with corrections)
ISBN 0-08-024921-3

I am thinking of using the following as a good, short background text for
lab courses since it tends to explain principles in light of experimental work:

LIFE PROCESSES OF PLANTS
Galston
Scientific American Library
1994
ISBN 0-7167-5044-9

Hope this info helps. Best wishes.

George

>Hello, can anyone recommend a good plant biochemistry book to order. I
>am looking for a reference text for our library.  I remember the old
>Stumpf & Conn and Varner texts. I don't know if these have been revised
>or if newer ones exist.  Surprisingly, 1995 Books in Print doesn't evem
>list plant biochemistry as a category.  Suggestions appreciated, thanks!
>
>Kirk Cammarata
>Salem-Teikyo University
>cammarata at salem.wvnet.edu

George Edick