Help with genetic experement with my kid.

rjl2 at cornell.edu rjl2 at cornell.edu
Thu Mar 14 12:31:29 EST 1996

Hello,

Working with roses would be a multi-year project- probably not well
suited to hold the interest of a 7 year old.  If you really want to work
with roses, I would suggest crossing different species of roses (not
named horticultural varieties), since they would be hardier, would grow
on their own rootstocks, would display many different morphologies...

Another suggestion- get a hold of the book "Breeding Your Own Vegetable
Varieties" by Carol Deppe.  There is lots of good info there.

Ron