Eric Grunden egrunden at
Sun Mar 17 22:13:56 EST 1996

In a previous article, mclaugh at () says:

>I believe the nomenclatorial (nomenclatural?) powers-that-be dumped
>"division" (thank heavens) some time ago, admitting that, the lower you get
>(phylogenetically, not morally), the less any distinction between
>plant-like and animal-like organisms gets; therefore, such naming
>distinctions have little logic. So it's "phylum" for all, and all for

.........unless you are involved in mycology (like myself), which
still stubbornly holds on to the "division" taxonomic grouping. ;)

The Spirit of Nature, a powerful force,
	belongs and returns to its creative source.
- Excerpted from The Collective Works of Johnny Pokerface -