quarter to semester conversion

David DeGroote DEGROOTE at TIGGER.STCLOUD.MSUS.EDU
Wed Mar 20 21:00:21 EST 1996

Dear Plant-ed people:
I am new to the list and was referred to you with regard to the following
survey.  Any and all help you could provide would be greatly appreciated!
I will post a summary to interested individuals or the list as indicated.
I would appreciate any responses to my personal e-mail,
thereby reducing the non-related posts.
	e-mail:  degroote at tigger.stcloud.msus.edu

We are converting from the quarter system to semesters in the fall of 98
I would very much appreciate information on the following:

-----------------------------Please Cut and Return---------------------------
Program title/name:

Institution:

Approximate number of students in major:

Approximate number of undergraduate student at institution:

Number of credits required for graduation:

Number of credits/course in General/Liberal Arts Education required for
					       		graduation:
Number of credits in major:

Number of courses/credits required by major:

Number of electives available in major:

Number of credits/courses required outside of department:
	Distribution of outside credits

Generally for the following:

Credits for lecture only classes:  3    or    4

Credits for lecture and lab classes:  3   or     4     or     5

In general the number of lecture sessions and lab sections per week_____>

How long is a lecture session ______min

How long is a lab session ________min

Are meeting session across the university all the same time duration?

The issue is a change from the 50 min meeting times to a 75 min block for
Tuesdays and Thursdays and 65 min block for M, W, and F.

I would very much appreciate any input on these matters. As I said before
please return response via personal e-mail (save bandwidth) to:
	degroote at tigger.stcloud.msus.edu
Since most institutions are on semesters I apologize if this seems silly.
In Minnesota, all the state institutions are on quarter so we don't have
any handy models.

Thanks in Advance
David DeGroote
Department of Biological Sciences and
University Semester Conversion Committee
St. Cloud State University
St. Cloud, MN phone (320) 2553065
PS: if you know someone who has worked on semester conversion please
repost this message to them.
david