Amberettes: An actual plant?

John Hewitson 100600.70 at CompuServe.COM
Mon May 20 01:34:36 EST 1996

In "A Modern Herbal" by Mrs M. Grieve FRHS, Ed Mrs C.F. Leyel (Published by
Tiger Books International, London) I find the following further information:-

Hibiscus abelmoschus has the synonyms:- Abelmoschus moschatus, Semen abelmoschi,
Grana moschata, Ambretta, Egyptian Alcee, Biscornkorner, Ambrakorner,
Target-leaved hibiscus, Ab-el-mosch, Bamia moschata, Ketmie ordorante, Galu
gasturi, Capu kanassa.

Being a herbal, it not only gives a Description, Part used and Habitat of the
shrub, but details of its Constituents, Medicinal Action and Uses and Other
species which have a similar use.

But I won't clog the Bionet with all that unless you're interested enough to
e-mail me!

| Dr. John Hewitson                                                        |
| Berrystead Barn			    +44 (0)1832 272 209 phone/fax  |
| Oundle,                                                                  |
| Peterborough, PE8 4DY, UK 	     	  e-mail 100600.70 at  |