chlorophyll, tobacco, cannabis, poppy, etc.

Michael Ravnitzky MikeRav at ix.netcom.com
Mon Nov 11 10:59:16 EST 1996

Listed below are the subject keywords with which you can obtain a list
of hundreds of military technical reports on plants and plant biology
from the Defense Technical Information Center, a government agency.

plants(botany)
manioc plants
poppy plants
tobacco plants
banana plants
alfalfa
flora
lichens
shrubs
tobacco
tradescantia
farm crops
kelp
cannabis
plant pathology
trees
vegetation
grasses
weeds
plant growth
orchards
cereals
jute
peat
plant pigments
chlorophyll
vacuole

NOTE:  Do not bother using the DTIC web site--in a nutshell, it is
worthless because the web site omits most of the two million technical
reports in the DTIC collection.  Send a letter--you will get much better
results.

The fee is likely to be free or only a few bucks.  You probably want to
include a statement in the letter such as *I agree to pay reasonable
fees associated with this request.  Please notify me if the cost will
exceed $30.*,  so that they won't delay the processing of the request.
Remember, they will try to dissuade you from asking for such a list.  If
they send you a letter, and you do not respond, they will withdraw your
request and you will not get your information.

Here is a form letter to use for your request: