tomato genetics

Dr. David Starrett dstarret at BIOLOGY.SEMO.EDU
Fri Nov 22 19:12:23 EST 1996

At 01:25 PM 11/22/96 -0800, you wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I'm an undergraduate horticulture student at Oregon State University who
>is seeking genetic information about Tomatos.  I'm specifically looking
>for information concerning:
>
>		*Genome organization (i.e. DNA content, ploidy level...)
>
>		*Linkage map information
>
>		*Plant transformation information (i.e.  engineering techniques)
>
>Can anyone help me out?  Any recommended web sites?  Texts?

I don't know of any sites off the top of my head, but gurantee the info is
out there.  Have you tried a search engine on the web?

Looked through these yet?

http://www.nal.usda.gov/bic/Education_res/

http://www.abc.hu/

http://probe.nalusda.gov:8000/

http://www.nalusda.gov/answers/info_centers/pgdic/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/

http://www.nbiap.vt.edu/

http://probe.nalusda.gov:8300/cgi-bin/browse/solgenes

Dave Starrett
*  Dr. David Starrett                                       *
*  Biology Department, MS 6200                              *
*  Southeast Missouri State University                      *
*  Cape Girardeau, MO 63701                                 *
*  Ph: (573) 651-2382                                       *
*  Fax: (573) 651-2223                                      *
*  email: dstarret at biology.semo.edu                         *
*  WWW: http://biology.semo.edu/web/starrett/starrhpg.html  *