How to kill a 15 meters high tree ?

Jacques Kolly Jacques.Kolly at wanadoo.fr
Sun Aug 3 02:02:40 EST 1997

As I told in a previous message, I have a tree (a poplar) whose root system
threatens to damage my house, and more likely the water pipe.
Cutting the tree down seems difficult because there is not enough place
around to make the tree fall down smoothly.
Anyway, my main concern is: Will the root system stop growing as soon as
the tree has been cut ? (I don't think so, though I don't know really.)
And is there a (chemical ?) means to definitely stop the root system from
growing, -killing the tree-, without damaging the nearby environment?

Thanks for your thoughts

Jacques Kolly        Jacques.Kolly at wanadoo.fr
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/jacques.kolly/