Crepe Myrtles (more!)

David W. Kramer kramer.8 at OSU.EDU
Fri Aug 15 14:47:05 EST 1997

>Need advice on caring for Crepe Myrtles.  I planted 4 in full sun 2 years
>ago and they have grown very little and produce very few [or no] blooms.
>
>William L. Brooks
>wlbrooks at datastar.net

Bill,
In my earlier message I forgot (can you believe!) to mention one of the
most outstanding horticulture web pages in the world... right here at Ohio
State University!!  You will want to check out the WebGarden Factsheet Data
Base at

http://www.hcs.ohio-state.edu/hcs/webgarden/FactsheetFind.html

By searching on "crape myrtle" you will learn about a page of info on
"Crape Myrtle Culture" from the University of Georgia Extension Service.
It covers Planting, Watering, Light Requirement, Pruning, Fertilization,
Propagation, and Diseases.  Or, you can go directly to the UG page at

http://www.ces.uga.edu/pubcd/l331-w.html

Good luck!

Dr. David W. Kramer
Department of Plant Biology