Biochemical Evidence for Evolution

Robert C. Hodson hodson at UDEL.EDU
Tue Aug 19 12:29:14 EST 1997

I'm interested in trying the investigation "Biochemical Evidence for
Evolution" by Daniel J. Dyman published in "Investigating Evolutionary
Biology in the Laboratory" by NABT.  Methanol/HCl extracts of dried
material from several closely related species (same genus) are separated
by TLC and viewed under longwave UV light for variation in secondary
compounds.  The genus Erythronium was cited in the article.  I'm wondering
if any of you have ideas for other suitable genera readily available in
Delaware area, including native and cultivated species.  Thanks.

Robert C. Hodson
Department of Biological Sciences
University of Delaware
Newark, DE 19716