Belizian plants

Donna I. Ford-Werntz diford at WVNVM.WVNET.EDU
Mon Aug 25 10:35:35 EST 1997

Your phallic plant may be a member of the genus Nassauvia (Compositae), but
I don't know what species (I photographed one in the Chilean Anders that
looks very much like you described).  You might try posting your query to
the systematics network TAXACOM at CMSA.BERKELEY.EDU (if you do not subscribe,
then be sure to indicate replies must go to your personal email); there are
some plant taxonomists there that may be able to help you further.  Good
luck, Donna

Donna I. Ford-Werntz     West Virginia Univ.
Herbarium Curator (WVA)  Box 6057
Asst. Prof. Biol.        Morgantown, WV 26506
425 Brooks Hall          (304)293-5201 X2549
email: diford at wvu.edu    fax: (304)293-6363
Web site at http://www.as.wvu.edu/biology/