Status of change to moderation

Jon Monroe monroejd at jmu.edu
Tue Aug 26 08:09:47 EST 1997

David Robinson wrote (Re: GROUP SEX, BANANAS and OTHER FORBIDDEN FRUITS)

>What ever happened to the vote on monitoring this newsgroup?

Dave and others;

As you recall, the vote passed overwhelmingly.  I gave that information to
the BIOSCI administrators who then asked the "usenet authority" to change
the newsgroup status.  Perhaps they are swamped with similar requests, but
we are still waiting for them to do whatever they have to do (do I sound
knowledgeable?).  BIOSCI is also testing an electronic filtering system
that may make moderation unnecessary.  I'll let you know when I learn
anything about it.  In the mean time I'm just glad the pace of spams has
dropped a bit!  If we talk more about plants perhaps we won't notice them
as much :-)

Jon

  Jonathan Monroe                voice:  540-568-6649 (office)
  Department of Biology                  540-568-6045 (lab)
  James Madison University       fax:    540-568-3333
  Harrisonburg, VA 22807-0001    e-mail: monroejd at jmu.edu
    http://www.jmu.edu/biology/biofac/jmonroe/jmonroe.html