Discussion List for Community Forestry

Treetown rtells at Flora.Com
Fri Aug 29 20:13:27 EST 1997

 Greenings Folks -

 Some visitors to bionet.plants.education newsgroup may find the
 following to be of interest.  Caring for one's urban forest, and
 sensitizing our children to nature are critical components toward
 a livable future.  Think about joining Treetown for friendly dis-
 cussions on the trees that beautify our lives.  And please forward
 this invitation to someone else who might like to receive it ...

 RTEllsberry at Flora.Com
 Treetown Discussion List
 www.Flora.Com/tree/town/

 W  e l c o m e  T o  T r e e t o w n !
 --------------------------------------

 This is the Information file for Treetown - The Discussion
 List for Community Forestry & Ecologies.  Once per month, as
 needed, this document is updated and recirculated to members of
 the list, as well as to its companion list the Treetown-Digest.
 This is then posted to a few kindred Usenet newsgroups, on eco-
 logical restoration, urban planning, wildlife and the like.

 Treetown is a Majordomo (listserver) forum, only requiring
 normal Internet email access in order to fully participate in
 our dialogues.  The list has been on-line since Arbor Day 1995
 (back when we were called 'Tree-House') and generally circulates
 about 2 message postings per day.  Our 100+ members represent
 forestry education and preservation, nurseries and arborists,
 community organizations (stewardship) and concerned individuals.

 One of the main objectives of Treetown is to promote sustainable
 tree planting and care in diverse habitats, although we welcome any
 discussion which is arguably tree-relevant.  Often we cover every-
 day issues of safe pest management, species selection, liability,
 funding local forestry initiatives and other practical information.

 To sign onto or off of Treetown, simply state your interest, in
 an email addressed to me, list operator Richard Tryzno Ellsberry:

--
 RTEllsberry at Flora.Com
 Treetown / Baltimore USDA Zone 7

 sending one (or more) of the following message commands to: