macro-micro

Scott Shumway Scott_Shumway at wheatonma.edu
Thu Feb 6 11:23:06 EST 1997

The textbook "Biology: Discovering Life" by Levine and Miller (DC Heath)
starts with chapters on ecology and organismal biology and then explores
concepts of medelian genetics, molecular biology,  biochemistry, and
finally human physiology.

At Wheaton College we have used this book in both our majors and non-majors
biology classes.  The book is billed as suitable for a mixed class of
majors and non-majors.  I think that it is a good choice for a majors
course.  I find it very readable and less "encyclopedic" than many other
texts.

Scott Shumway
Dept. of Biology
Wheaton College