Effect of a Magnetic Field on the Growth of Spinach

Steve Segal segals-2 at mail.idt.net
Tue Feb 25 21:38:35 EST 1997

Hi...
	I'm a tenth grader whose just recently won first place for the science
fair project:The Effect of a Magnetic Field on the Growth of Spinach.
My results show that the plants subjected to the northern magnetic
field grew the shortest, the plants subjected to the southern magnetic
field grew the tallest, and the control group was in the middle.
Anyone have any ideas exactly why this happened?  Did the magnets
alter the cells on a molecular level?  I am interested in learning the
answer to this question as i'm sure it will be asked at the state
level.  From my research, I can only hypothesize that the fields
changed the cells on a molecular level (maybe something with the
electrons?) as stated above... [that was only my own theory... it
probably isn't right... but if anyone knows why this happened or what
i could do to find out why this happened I would appreciate it
greatly]		Thank You....  Please send me e-mail as i am not a frequent
visitor to this newsgroup.  Thanks Again!!